2017 Portland Gathering
Our theme this year:
“Many Paths to the Same Mountaintop: Connecting diverse person centered approaches in a growing learning community”
- Sharpen your skills as a trainer through a series of real time training module demonstrations. These practical skill development workshops offer a chance to learn from and exchange ideas with other trainers directly.
- Learn and collaborate with trauma-informed care expert, Karyn Harvey, Ph.D., regarding the intersection of person centered supports and her work.
- Hear new ideas – some of the best and brightest from our community – including the variety of ways people are using person centered skills and practices in their own lives, personally and professionally.
- Have a structure to bring up relevant, pertinent topics and gather people together to explore those topics.
- Engage in creative thinking and problem-solving with others.
- Build your professional network for sharing resources.
- Guaranteed vibrant, open-space learning marketplace (watch a video about learning marketplace from our friends at the Texas Gathering!)
What’s different this year?
- We’re in an exciting new – uniquely “Portland” – venue. The hotel rooms and group meeting spaces are all on the same property. There is an on-site restaurant and lounge and plenty to explore nearby, including coffee houses, brew pubs, and more. Get a sneak peek of our new venue, the Jupiter Hotel.
- More on-site opportunities to gather comfortably in small groups at a wide range of hours.
- Less large group presentation, more small group conversation.
- A series of focused practical skill workshops that will model key components of the PCT curriculum.
Don’t wait — Register now!
Registration fees vary based on when you submit your payment, so act now for the best rate! Submit your payment by 5/31 to qualify for the reduced registration fee of $435. The registration fee increases to $535 if payment is received after 5/31.
Your registration fee includes:
- Sunday evening sessions and all day sessions Monday-Wednesday
- On-site breakfast Monday-Wednesday
- Group dinner on Tuesday evening
- Coffee, tea and snacks each day
- Materials and supplies for creating your own Gallery Walk poster on site or hosting an impromptu learning marketplace session
We recommend you book your hotel room in our host hotel, the Jupiter Hotel. All scheduled events will be happening at this location. Visit our lodging page for more information about how to reserve a room at our special rate.